Survival Business Mandarin – in just 4 hours!
- This event has passed.
15 November 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm£100 - £220
- Learn Mandarin to demonstrate respect to your Chinese clients
- Build stronger relationships
- Make your trips to China more enjoyable!
- Prepare yourself or your team for current or future needs when using Chinese in your work
In just 4 hours, you’ll learn 70 Chinese Mandarin words in 5 most commonly used occasions immediately useful for daily and business conversations with the Chinese people.
The course is carefully developed to focus on the most useful Chinese Mandarin words sufficient for basic introduction, work, social and travel for busy business professionals.
After the course, you should be able to understand:
- Pin Yin – your most useful shortcut to speaking Chinese. You’ll know how to say people’s names, place names, and road/shop signs in Mandarin properly!
- Daily Basics – basic ‘meet and greet’, such as addressing others, thank you, please, sorry, yes, no, time, dates and expressing needs and wants in Mandarin.
- Social – express yourself during meals and drinks. Do simple small talks. Know how to order drinks, say cheers, ask for the bill etc. Including culture tips on do’s and don’ts.
- Business – Introduce yourself and company, understanding useful keywords in meetings, currencies and numbers in Mandarin
- Travel – find your way around airports, train stations, buy tickets, ask for directions etc
- Chinese Characters – recognise very useful Chinese Characters such as entrance, exit, toilet!
Who is it for?
- This course is suitable for complete beginners. You do not need any prior knowledge of Chinese in order to succeed in this course.
- It’s designed as an effective standalone ‘foundation’ course while giving you flexibility to trial and continue as needed – if you’d like something longer, see our 15 hour intensive programme
- Open Course (no more than 6) – £135 per person
- 1 to 1 private coaching – £220 per person (call us on 0207 064 8429 to see if it’s right for you!)
- Online (join live via Skype): £100 per person
- More than 2 people? – please contact us for group discounts!
Our prices include:
- 4 hours of lesson + 45 minutes of free online follow-up session with your trainer after the lesson
- Course handbook
- Recommended reading and Apps for continual learning
- Certificate of completion
Take the learning with you!
- Audio lesson of all the phrases is available for all attendees to purchase
Your Trainer: Grace Zhao
After graduating from the University of Auckland, Grace spent several years working in marketing with an emphasis on ‘doing business with the Chinese.’ Originally from Guangzhou, Grace’s family emigrated to New Zealand when she was a teenager. She is tri-lingual in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
Grace is the Managing Director of China Unbound, which runs Chinese language as well as Chinese cultural competence training for businesses and professionals. As such she is able to bring her business experience to her language training and re-create real-life scenarios in the classroom in order to prepare clients to better work in an international environment.
Her students range from SMEs to large corporates such as Grant Thornton, Emerging Communications, SB Wealth Management, The Association of Corporate Treasurers and many more.
What our past attendees say about us?
Survival Business Mandarin 4 hours (online) – 15 Nov
Join the class live on Skype or Facetime without leaving your office!
Survival Business Mandarin 4 hours – 1 to 1
one to one private coaching
Survival Business Mandarin 4 hours – 15 Nov
Open Group Course
Only 8 left