Survival Business Mandarin – in just 4 hours!
- This event has passed.
17 May 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm£100 – £135
- Doing business with Chinese people?
- Perhaps you visit China for work and want to pick up some basic Chinese quickly to build stronger relationships?
- Or perhaps you work with Chinese clients and colleagues in the UK and want to show your hospitality and develop stronger business ties?
In just 4 hours, you’ll learn 70 Mandarin words in 5 most commonly used occasions immediately useful for daily and business conversations with the Chinese people.
The course is carefully developed to focus on the most useful Mandarin words sufficient for basic introduction, work, social and travel for busy business professionals.
After the course, you should be able to understand:
- Pin Yin – your most useful shortcut to speaking Chinese. You’ll know how to say people’s names, place names, and road/shop signs in Mandarin properly!
- Daily Basics – basic ‘meet and greet’, such as addressing others, thank you, please, sorry, yes, no, time, dates and expressing needs and wants in Mandarin.
- Social – express yourself during meals and drinks. Do simple small talks. Know how to order drinks, say cheers, ask for the bill etc.
- Business – Introduce yourself and company, understanding useful keywords in meetings, currencies and numbers in Mandarin
- Travel – find your way around airports, train stations, buy tickets, ask for directions etc
- Chinese Characters – recognise very useful Chinese Characters such as entrance, exit, toilet!
Who is it for?
- This course is suitable for complete beginners or as an effective refresher.
- Looking for a longer course? Check out Survival Business Mandarin with Extra Confidence.
Have questions and want support after the lesson?
If you don’t, we’ll be worried!
- This course includes 45 minutes of 1 to 1 Q&A time after the lesson – This gives you opportunity to digest and ask your tutor any questions you may have (via Skype).
- Recommended reading and Apps for continual learning.
- Audio lesson of all the words and phrases you learn is available for you to purchase after the lesson.
Your Trainer: Grace Zhao
- Our trainer for this course is Grace Zhao. She is a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker. She specialises in teaching beginner and intermediate Mandarin to business professionals. Her students range from SMEs to large corporates such as Grant Thornton, PWC, Hamleys, ICBC Standard Bank, The Association of Corporate Treasurers, Carbon Trust and many more.
- Open group course: £135 per person
- 1 to 1 private lessons:£220 per person (date to suit you)