Intermediate Mandarin 4 – On Your Way to Mastery!
January 23 @ 7:00 pm - March 26 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £430
This course focuses on helping to develop your ability to sustain a good daily conversation with native speakers with confidence, fluency, and less risk of misunderstanding! You will also get rich insights into China’s heritage.
- We will cover interesting topics such as Chinese poems, history and the current situation of Beijing’s traditional architecture Siheyuan (四合院), China’s Five Sacred Mountains, Yangtze and Yellow River of China, Chinese minorities and common costume phrases
- Use more complex sentence structures and tenses
- Discover more fascinating Chinese traditions, develop richer insights into Chinese people for family and work
- Fun, interesting Chinese idioms and proverbs used in daily lives
- Recognise more useful Chinese characters for daily and formal usage
- ‘How’s your week?’ segment of lesson to learn more relevant daily vocabulary, and improve your listening and speaking
- ‘How’s the Story?’ as part of curriculum to strengthen your reading and comprehension
- Cultural immersion activity – Chinese calligraphy!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (This is the last of our 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Characteristics of Chinese poems
- Li Bai’s famous Chinese poem
- History and current situation of Beijing’s Siheyuan
- The Five Sacred Mountains
- Discussing travel experience
- Chinese minorities
- Common costume phrases
- 2 mini revision & consolidation
- Cultural immersion activity!
- Culture: famous poets and China’s most famous literatures
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of no more than 8 people, plenty of group interaction and good individual attention from your tutor
- Fun immersive lessons with vocabulary building, clear grammar explanations and carefully designed exercises throughout
- Short, bite sized lessons in 1.5 hours – so you are more focused and remember more
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.