Intermediate Mandarin 3 – Speak with Confidence
January 21 @ 7:00 pm - March 24 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £430
In this course you’ll develop more competence in daily conversations. While you’ll still have limited vocabulary to participate in deeper conversations, you will begin to understand other’s speeches more, and get a ‘general sense’ of most daily conversations in Mandarin Chinese! 加油！
- We will cover interesting cultural topics such as visiting a Chinese family, gift giving, addressing extended family, the Chinese opera, Chinese Calligraphy and Chinese painting (how to ask for usage of things), including fun Chinese idioms and proverbs
- ‘How’s the Story’ and ‘‘How’s Your Week?’’ segment of each lesson to learn more relevant daily vocabulary, improve fluency and comprehension!
- Describe more routine experiences in reasonable detail using a wider range of adjectives and verbs independently
- Consolidate use of tenses, sentence structure and become more familiar with more complicated forms
- Discover more fascinating Chinese traditions, develop richer insights into Chinese people for family and work
- Recognise more useful Chinese characters for daily and formal usage
- Cultural immersion activity – Chinese calligraphy!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (3rd of the 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Visiting Chinese family, and guest do’s and don’ts
- To know wider range of common relative vocabulary
- Gift gifting and what not to give as presents (business and personal)
- Beijing opera
- Roles and meaning of Beijing Opera masks
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Characteristic of Chinese paintings and asking usage of things
- 2 mini revisions & consolidation
- Cultural activity – Chinese calligraphy!
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of no more than 8 people, plenty of group interaction and good individual attention from your tutor
- Fun immersive lessons with vocabulary building, clear grammar explanations and carefully designed exercises throughout
- Shorter, bite sized lessons in 1.5 hours – so you are more focused and remember more
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.