Intermediate Mandarin 3 – Speak with Confidence
- This event has passed.
September 11 @ 7:00 pm - September 20 @ 8:30 pm£40 - £430
If you are looking for a flexible start date and time that fits your schedule, please see our Private Group/Individual Tuition
In this course you’ll develop more competence in daily conversations. While you’ll still have limited vocabulary to participate in deeper conversations, you will begin to understand other’s speeches more, and get a ‘general sense’ of most daily conversations in Mandarin Chinese! 加油！
- We will cover interesting cultural topics such as visiting a Chinese family, gift giving, addressing extended family, the Chinese opera, Chinese Calligraphy and Chinese painting (how to ask for usage of things), including fun Chinese idioms and proverbs
- ‘How’s the Story’ and ‘‘How’s Your Week?’’ segment of each lesson to learn more relevant daily vocabulary, improve fluency and comprehension!
- Describe more routine experiences in reasonable detail using a wider range of adjectives and verbs independently
- Consolidate use of tenses, sentence structure and become more familiar with more complicated forms
- Discover more fascinating Chinese traditions, develop richer insights into Chinese people for family and work
- Recognise more useful Chinese characters for daily and formal usage
- Cultural immersion activity – Chinese calligraphy!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (3rd of the 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Visiting Chinese family, and guest do’s and don’ts
- To know wider range of common relative vocabulary
- Gift gifting and what not to give as presents (business and personal)
- Beijing opera
- Roles and meaning of Beijing Opera masks
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Characteristic of Chinese paintings and asking usage of things
- 2 mini revisions & consolidation
- Cultural activity – Chinese calligraphy!
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of no more than 8 people, plenty of group interaction and good individual attention from your tutor
- Fun immersive lessons with vocabulary building, clear grammar explanations and carefully designed exercises throughout
- Shorter, bite sized lessons in 1.5 hours – so you are more focused and remember more
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.
What do our past attendees say about us?
Intermediate 3 – Deposit – 11 Sep
Pay £40.00 to secure your space now. Balance to be paid 14 days before course starts.
Only 10 left
Intermediate 3 – Ticket for 1 – 11 Sep
Pay the full course fee now
Only 10 left
Intermediate 3 – Ticket for 2 – 11 Sep
Join with a friend and save £15 each on your course fee
Only 5 left