Intermediate Mandarin 2 – Speak with Fluency
January 20 @ 7:00 pm - April 6 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £430
Through interesting cultural scenarios, you will be more competent in more social situations, understanding others and expressing yourself! From this course term on, you’ll start to read simple stories in Chinese as part of the course curriculum (yes you can!)
- We will cover fascinating topics such as the Chinese New Year traditions, Chinese regional cuisines, habits and customs of addressing each other appropriately, Chinese weddings, and dating and love
- Learn fun Chinese idioms and proverbs you will encounter in daily conversations
- Story reading as part of curriculum to improve your comprehension and application
- Understand a clear, slow speaker more easily and speak more confidently on daily topics!
- Can recognise, type and write more common Chinese characters
- A fun cultural immersion activity – watching a short film in Chinese!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (2nd of the 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Chinese New Year and traditions
- Order popular Chinese dishes confidently
- Talk about differences between different Chinese regional cuisines
- Use variety of ways of addressing people appropriately
- Chinese wedding sayings and customs
- Dating and love – common sayings and slangs
- How do you feel today? – emotions
- Revision & Consolidation
- Cultural immersion activity – watch a short film in Chinese Mandarin!
- Culture insights: Chinese new year traditions, What do people eat in CNY, Chinese wedding traditions
- Characters: common radicals and basic characters
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of no more than 8 people, plenty of group interaction and good individual attention from your tutor
- Fun immersive lessons with vocabulary building, clear grammar explanations and carefully designed exercises throughout
- Shorter, bite sized lessons in 1.5 hours – so you are more focused and remember more
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Get up to 2 catch-up lessons at discounted rates if you have miss lessons