Intermediate Mandarin 3 – On Your Way to Mastery!
- This event has passed.
January 21 @ 7:00 pm - March 24 @ 8:30 pm
One event on 6 April 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on 7 July 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on 8 September 2020 at 7:00 pm
Our courses are online so you don’t need to worry about Coronavirus disruptions and with the lower online price you can stretch your learning further!
This course focuses on helping to develop your ability to sustain a good daily conversation with native speakers with confidence, fluency, and less risk of misunderstanding! You will also get rich insights into China’s heritage.
- We will cover interesting topics such as Chinese poems, history and the current situation of Beijing’s traditional architecture Siheyuan (四合院), China’s Five Sacred Mountains, Yangtze and Yellow River of China, Chinese minorities and common costume phrases
- Use more complex sentence structures and tenses
- Discover more fascinating Chinese traditions, develop richer insights into Chinese people for family and work
- Fun, interesting Chinese idioms and proverbs used in daily lives
- Recognise more useful Chinese characters for daily and formal usage
- ‘How’s your week?’ segment of lesson to learn more relevant daily vocabulary, and improve your listening and speaking
- ‘How’s the Story?’ as part of curriculum to strengthen your reading and comprehension
- Cultural immersion activity – Chinese calligraphy!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (This is the last of our 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Characteristics of Chinese poems
- Li Bai’s famous Chinese poem
- History and current situation of Beijing’s Siheyuan
- The Five Sacred Mountains
- Discussing travel experience
- Chinese minorities
- Common costume phrases
- 2 mini revision & consolidation
- Cultural immersion activity!
- Culture: famous poets and China’s most famous literatures
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
Pay in 3 instalments
Split your payment into 3 equal parts via Direct Debit (with a nominal £4 fee). The first instalment will be taken when you place your order.
- Small online classes of no more than 5 people
- Free lesson recordings so you’ll never miss a lesson
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied