Intermediate Mandarin 2 – Speak with Confidence
Jul 14 @ 7:00 pm - Aug 19 @ 8:30 pm
One event on 22 Apr 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on 14 Jul 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on 4 Oct 2021 at 7:00 pm
Our courses are online so you don’t need to worry about Coronavirus disruptions and with the lower online price you can stretch your learning further!
In this course you’ll develop more competence in daily conversations. While you’ll still have limited vocabulary to participate in deeper conversations, you will begin to understand other’s speeches more, and get a ‘general sense’ of most daily conversations in Mandarin Chinese! 加油！
- We will cover interesting cultural topics such as visiting a Chinese family, gift giving, addressing extended family, the Chinese opera, Chinese Calligraphy and Chinese painting (how to ask for usage of things), including fun Chinese idioms and proverbs
- ‘How’s the Story’ and ‘‘How’s Your Week?’’ segment of each lesson to learn more relevant daily vocabulary, improve fluency and comprehension!
- Describe more routine experiences in reasonable detail using a wider range of adjectives and verbs independently
- Consolidate use of tenses, sentence structure and become more familiar with more complicated forms
- Discover more fascinating Chinese traditions, develop richer insights into Chinese people for family and work
- Recognise more useful Chinese characters for daily and formal usage
- Cultural immersion activity – Chinese calligraphy!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (3rd of the 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Visiting Chinese family, and guest do’s and don’ts
- To know wider range of common relative vocabulary
- Gift gifting and what not to give as presents (business and personal)
- Beijing opera
- Roles and meaning of Beijing Opera masks
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Characteristic of Chinese paintings and asking usage of things
- 2 mini revisions & consolidation
- Cultural activity – Chinese calligraphy!
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
Friendly Payment Solution
- Just £40 deposit now – then the rest 14 days before the course starts.
- Pay in 3 – split your full course fee into 3 instalments
- Small online classes of no more than 5 people
- Free lesson recordings so you’ll never miss a lesson
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied