Intermediate Mandarin 1 – Speak with Fluency
April 7 @ 7:00 pm - June 16 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £410
Our April courses are online so you don’t need to worry about Coronavirus disruptions and with the lower online price you can stretch your learning further!
Through interesting cultural scenarios, you will be more competent in more social situations, understanding others and expressing yourself! From this course term on, you’ll start to read simple stories in Chinese as part of the course curriculum (yes you can!)
- We will cover fascinating topics such as the Chinese New Year traditions, Chinese regional cuisines, habits and customs of addressing each other appropriately, Chinese weddings, and dating and love
- Learn fun Chinese idioms and proverbs you will encounter in daily conversations
- Story reading as part of curriculum to improve your comprehension and application
- Understand a clear, slow speaker more easily and speak more confidently on daily topics!
- Can recognise, type and write more common Chinese characters
- A fun cultural immersion activity – watching a short film in Chinese!
- Level: similar to HSK 3 (2nd of the 4 Intermediate levels which will be similar to HSK3 by the time you finish all 4 levels)
Typical topics in this course include:
- Chinese New Year and traditions
- Order popular Chinese dishes confidently
- Talk about differences between different Chinese regional cuisines
- Use variety of ways of addressing people appropriately
- Chinese wedding sayings and customs
- Dating and love – common sayings and slangs
- How do you feel today? – emotions
- Revision & Consolidation
- Cultural immersion activity – watch a short film in Chinese Mandarin!
- Culture insights: Chinese new year traditions, What do people eat in CNY, Chinese wedding traditions
- Characters: common radicals and basic characters
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Experiencing Chinese: Culture
Pay in 3 instalments
Split your payment into 3 equal parts via Direct Debit (with a nominal £4 fee). The first instalment will be taken when you place your order. Just email email@example.com and we’ll set it up for you!
- Small online classes of no more than 4 people
- Free lesson recordings so you’ll never miss a lesson
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied