Fast Track Survival Chinese Drop-in Course
- This event has passed.
20 November 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 27 November 2019 @ 8:00 pm£10 – £25
- Are you interested in learning Chinese? Want to travel there, boost your career prospect or to communicate better with family?
- Are you struggling to attend weekly classes due to irregular or busy schedules?
- Do you want something that’s truly designed with beginners in mind, easy to pick up and immediately applicable?
Welcome to our Fast Track Survival Chinese Drop-in course! After illustrating the basic rules of pronunciation, we focus on the spoken language, enabling you to quickly communicate in 4 most commonly used occasions immediate useful in Mandarin Chinese including Basic greetings, travel and direction, ordering food and drinks, and making purchases.
Flexible drop-in sessions – each module can be taken individually
- Module 1: Introductions, greetings & pleasantries
By the end of this session, you’ll learn simple phrases that will build a deeper connection with the hearts of your Chinese friends and family! You will learn to greet and farewell politely, have simple conversations about yourself (where you from, what you do etc) and power-phrases for daily pleasantries like ‘have you had dinner?’, ‘tasty’ etc.
- Module 2: Travel & direction
By the end of the session, you’ll be able to say simple and practical phrases you’ll need for travelling around China, including how to order a taxi, buy train tickets, ask for (and understand) directions. We will also highlight things to be aware of when travelling to China so to make your trip more enjoyable.
- Module 3: Food and drinks
By the end of the session, you will be able to order your own food and drinks in Chinese! We will also cover some common food and drinks items, how to ask for the bill and complimenting your hosts. Chinese dining etiquette will be covered.
- Module 4: Making purchases
By the end of this session, you will be able to buy something (and bargain) in Chinese! You’ll learn how to ask for the price (and understand it), make your purchase, bargain. You will also learn the all-important bargaining tips!
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
The course is suitable for complete beginners or anyone wishing to consolidate or refresh on the important basics.
If you are looking for a longer course, please see our Private Group/Individual Tuition
Why this course?
- A fun, interactive experience in a supportive environment with others like you
- Practical stuff you can use immediately – we carefully prioritise what you learn so you don’t waste time learning anything you don’t need
- Raid results – a comprehensive introduction of the language quickly, enabling you to function in as little as 1.5 hours
- Effective reference notes to help you remember after the lesson
- Develop a more worldly view and develop deeper connections with Chinese culture and people
- Audio lesson available for all attendees to purchase
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! We are confident that if you put the work in and learn as we advised, you will get results. If you are not completely satisfied with the results you get, you can re-do it again for free!
6 Nov, 13 Nov, 20 Nov, and 27 Nov 6.30 – 8pm
4 Christopher Street, EC2A 2BS
- £25 per lesson, or £90 for 4 lessons. (introductory special)
- Early bird tickets are now availabe, £15 per lesson, or £55 for 4 lessons.
- You can also join us online, £10 per lesson, or £35 for 4 lessons.