Chinese Characters Workshop
Dec 2 @ 6:30 pm - Dec 9 @ 8:00 pm£70
Are you interested in Chinese characters? Do you want to learn them faster, remember more and have more fun learning?
Chinese characters are fascinating, with their thousands of years of history and deeply interesting stories behind them. But even for us, native Chinese speakers, can’t deny that they can seem a little scary.
Despite that, learning Chinese characters is worthwhile:
- After Beginner levels, you will find more and more words with similar sounds, being able to recognise the characters helps you decode the conversation
- Chinese characters are a fascinating window into the Chinese culture and way of thinking
- Recognising Chinese characters, even simple things like numbers, food items is immensely rewarding when travelling to China
- Today, being able to type and recognise characters is more immediately useful than writing them – a task possible with anyone who knows Pinyin
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone interested in Chinese characters, and wants guidance on how/where to make the most progress
In this 2-part workshop, we will provide a practical guide on how to effectively approach character learning.
We will cover the fundamental principles to accelerate your understanding and minimise the pain of rote learning, including elements such as:
- The origin of Chinese characters
- Pictograms and the role they play
- The radicals – how to use them to fast track your learning
- The common structures – start ‘seeing the wood from the trees’!
- The stroke order – an essence of the art of Chinese characters
- The common strokes – differentiate similar characters with ease
- How to type Chinese characters
What do you get?
- A 2-part, small group, interactive course – including a combination of lessons, exercises, quizzes and Q & A session
- All lesson material, our radical guide, and video lesson recordings so you can revise after
- 2nd Dec, 10th Dec – 2 consecutive Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 8pm
- £70 (2 sessions)
Sign up today and learn Chinese characters more efficiently with more fun! Class size limited to 5.