Beginner Mandarin 3 – More than surviving!
April 7 @ 7:00 pm - June 16 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £410
Our April courses are online so you don’t need to worry about Coronavirus disruptions and with the lower online price you can stretch your learning further!
You’ll expand your Mandarin to more challenging daily life topics, with richer details and increased fluency.
- Enjoy travelling to China with more independence – learn how to check in to a hotel, make specific requests, describe missing items and explain simple situations
- Start to expand beyond simple polite ‘information sharing’ to ‘chit chat’ conversations – expressing likes and dislikes, express conditions, opinion, reasoning, and making phone calls to family and business colleagues on basic routine matters
- Continue to primarily focus on speaking, listening and pronunciation
- Develop confidence to construct sentences with increased accuracy and fluency
- Keep learning ‘building blocks’ of Chinese characters, including a small number of basic characters used in daily life in China
- An enjoyable cultural immersion session – a visit to the Chinese section of the British Museum – to hear fascinating insights into Chinese history and culture!
- Level: similar to HSK 3
- Travel – getting a taxi, bus and train, modes of transport
- Asking for and giving directions and basic Chinese street signs
- Talking about the weather
- Able to check-in to a hotel and request basic amenities
- Making requests and asking for permission
- Safe travels – describing missing items and situations
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Comparative form of adjectives, expressing conditions for activities
- Leisure activities – express reasons
- Leisure activities – express frequency
- Making and answering phone calls
- Problems on the phone
- Revision & consolidation
- Cultural immersion session
- Cultural insights: leisure in business
- Chinese characters: common radicals
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Mastering Chinese1 Paperback (Palgrave Master Series (Languages))
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- If you have either recently completed the Beginner 2 course (or able to do things we set out in the course overview), to have done approximately 35 – 40 hours of basic Mandarin learning elsewhere before you commit to this course.
- Not sure what level you are? Do this quick 15 minute assessment test, or give us a call on 020 7064 8429.
Pay in 3 instalments
Split your payment into 3 equal parts via Direct Debit (with a nominal £4 fee). The first instalment will be taken when you place your order. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set it up for you!
- Small online classes of no more than 4 people
- Free lesson recordings so you’ll never miss a lesson
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied