Beginner Mandarin 3 – More than surviving!
February 18 @ 6:45 pm - April 28 @ 8:15 pm£40 – £460
You’ll expand your Mandarin to more challenging daily life topics, with richer details and increased fluency.
- Enjoy travelling to China with more independence – learn how to check in to a hotel, make specific requests, describe missing items and explain simple situations
- Start to expand beyond simple polite ‘information sharing’ to ‘chit chat’ conversations – expressing likes and dislikes, express conditions, opinion, reasoning, and making phone calls to family and business colleagues on basic routine matters
- Continue to primarily focus on speaking, listening and pronunciation
- Develop confidence to construct sentences with increased accuracy and fluency
- Keep learning ‘building blocks’ of Chinese characters, including a small number of basic characters used in daily life in China
- An enjoyable cultural immersion session – a visit to the Chinese section of the British Museum – to hear fascinating insights into Chinese history and culture!
- Level: similar to HSK 3
- Travel – getting a taxi, bus and train, modes of transport
- Asking for and giving directions and basic Chinese street signs
- Talking about the weather
- Able to check-in to a hotel and request basic amenities
- Making requests and asking for permission
- Safe travels – describing missing items and situations
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Comparative form of adjectives, expressing conditions for activities
- Leisure activities – express reasons
- Leisure activities – express frequency
- Making and answering phone calls
- Problems on the phone
- Revision & consolidation
- Cultural immersion session – Discovering China at the British Museum
- Cultural insights: leisure in business
- Chinese characters: common radicals
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Mastering Chinese1 Paperback (Palgrave Master Series (Languages))
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- You need either to have completed our Beginner level 3 courses or to have done approximately 35 – 40 hours of basic Mandarin learning elsewhere before you commit to this course.
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with access to lesson-by-lesson audio files on your phone or computer, and our detailed lesson notes!
- Get online or face to face catch-up lessons at discounted rates
- Small classes of 5 – 8 people, lots of opportunity to practice, interact and still get individual attention from your tutor
- Fun, immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Join with a friend and save £15 each on your total course fees
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.