Beginner Mandarin 3 – More than surviving!
September 10 @ 7:00 pm - November 12 @ 8:30 pm£40 - £430
You will build on a much broader vocabulary and embark on more ambitious conversations across a far wider range of real-life scenarios. Great expectations!
- Understand and engage more effectively in good daily conversations with Chinese people – such as buying things at a shop, ordering food and drinks, talking about needs and wants, and chatting about the weather in Mandarin!
- Get around with basic travel phrases – getting around public transport, getting tickets at the train station and asking for directions
- Start to converse with an expanded vocabulary and in richer details using simple verbs and adjectives
- Understand slow and simple speech, and express yourself with less help from others!
- Learn some ‘building blocks’ of Chinese characters (radicals) – which are used to make up more complicated characters
- Fun cultural immersion session – test your Mandarin at a Chinese hot pot restaurant!
- Achieve similar to HSK 1 level by the time you finish this course
Typical topics in this course include:
- Purchasing everyday items and bargain
- Ordering a range of drinks, common drink names
- Asking for recommendations in a restaurant, common food and dish names
- Travel – getting a taxi, bus and train, modes of transport
- Asking for and giving directions and basic Chinese street signs
- Talking about the weather
- Revision & consolidation
- Field trip – practice what you’ve learnt with native Chinese speakers!
- Cultural insights: bargaining tips, getting a taxi in China, travelling tips
- Chinese Characters: common radicals and a small number of basic characters
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- If you have either recently completed the Beginner 2 course (or able to do things we set out in the course overview), or have received approximately 30-40 hours of basic Mandarin learning, this course is for you!
- Not sure what level you are? Do this quick 15 minute assessment test, or give us a call on 020 7064 8429.
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of 5 – 8 people, great opportunity to learn with others and still get good level of individual attention from your trainer
- Fun, engaging lessons with relevant, practical scenarios for life
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused after a full day’s work – do less but remember more!
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Affordable: works out to be £23 per lesson
- Get up to 2 catch-up lessons at discounted rates if you have to miss lessons
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.
What our past attendees say about us?
Beginner 3 – Deposit – 10 Sep
Pay a deposit of £40.00 per item. Balance is due 14 days before courses start
Only 10 left
Beginner 3 – Ticket for 1 – 10 Sep
Pay the full course fee now
Only 10 left
Beginner 3 – Ticket for 2 – 10 Sep
Join with a friend and save £15 each on your course fee
Only 5 left