Beginner Mandarin 3 – More than surviving!
January 21 @ 7:00 pm - March 24 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £430
You will build on a much broader vocabulary and embark on more ambitious conversations across a far wider range of real-life scenarios. Great expectations!
- Understand and engage more effectively in good daily conversations with Chinese people – such as buying things at a shop, ordering food and drinks, talking about needs and wants, and chatting about the weather in Mandarin!
- Get around with basic travel phrases – getting around public transport, getting tickets at the train station and asking for directions
- Start to converse with an expanded vocabulary and in richer details using simple verbs and adjectives
- Understand slow and simple speech, and express yourself with less help from others!
- Learn some ‘building blocks’ of Chinese characters (radicals) – which are used to make up more complicated characters
- Fun cultural immersion session – test your Mandarin at a Chinese hot pot restaurant!
- Achieve similar to HSK 1 level by the time you finish this course
Typical topics in this course include:
- Purchasing everyday items and bargain
- Ordering a range of drinks, common drink names
- Asking for recommendations in a restaurant, common food and dish names
- Travel – getting a taxi, bus and train, modes of transport
- Asking for and giving directions and basic Chinese street signs
- Talking about the weather
- Revision & consolidation
- Field trip – practice what you’ve learnt with native Chinese speakers!
- Cultural insights: bargaining tips, getting a taxi in China, travelling tips
- Chinese Characters: common radicals and a small number of basic characters
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Mastering Chinese1 Paperback (Palgrave Master Series (Languages))
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- If you have either recently completed the Beginner 2 course (or able to do things we set out in the course overview), or have received approximately 30-40 hours of basic Mandarin learning, this course is for you!
- Not sure what level you are? Do this quick 15 minute assessment test, or give us a call on 020 7064 8429.
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and homework exercises
- Small class of 5 – 8 people, great opportunity to learn with others and still get good level of individual attention from your trainer
- Fun, engaging lessons with relevant, practical scenarios for life
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused after a full day’s work – do less but remember more!
- Revisions interspersed to consolidate your knowledge as you go
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.