Beginner Mandarin 2 – Survival Plus
January 22 @ 7:00 pm - March 25 @ 8:30 pm£40 – £430
This is the second part of the Beginner level course. We will continue to help you acquire essential conversational skills across a range of frequently encountered topics.
- Understand and communicate more effectively with Chinese people about basic personal information, such as age, contact details and daily routines
- Start to make simple social conversations in Mandarin such as – travel plans, leisure activities, ordering a drink, and making arrangements to go out with Chinese friends or business contacts
- A fun cultural immersion activity with a natural Chinese speaker – ordering a bubble tea at London’s China Town
- Construct simple sentences in the correct tense and order with less help from others
- Strengthened conversation and listening skills, can understand when a speaker uses simple language and speaks slowly!
- Acquire a good understanding of Chinese character fundamentals – the logic and the shortcuts behind, and a small number of basic characters
- Similar to lower HSK 1 level
Typical topics in this course include:
- Measure words
- Able to ask age, phone numbers and WeChat
- Able to ask and talk about birthdays
- Able to talk about travel plans
- Telling time, and time expressions
- Daily routines
- Able to make arrangements to go out
- Making requests for drinks (more milk, no sugar, less ice)
- Chinese Characters: basic stroke order, combined stroke orders, common structures, basic strokes with 永
- Field trip – ordering your bubble tea at London’s China Town!
Please order the textbook here so that you can be ready when the course starts!
Mastering Chinese1 Paperback (Palgrave Master Series (Languages))
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- If you have either recently completed the Beginner 1 course (or able to do things we set out in the course overview), or have received approximately 15 – 20 hours of basic Mandarin learning, this course is for you!
- Not sure what level you are? Do this quick 15 minute assessment test, or give us a call on 020 7064 8429.
- Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and exercises
- Small class of 5 – 8 people, lots of opportunity to practice, interact and still get good level of individual attention from your trainer
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused after a full day’s work – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.